Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sports Doctor

Yesterday I went to see the sports doctor. He said I should be able to walk completely on my own within a week. He wants me to start gradually walking a little more each day. He told me that I should be able to continue with my marathon training and all the scheduled events. I was soooo happy to hear that.

The doctor gave me a brace to wear with my shoe. He also wants me to do some physical therapy so I can learn some exercised to help strengthen my ankle. He told me I could use the stationary bike and that the exercise would actually help with the inflammation. He said that I should be able to do the half marathon in November but with my brace. The brace is a little bulky but not really uncomfortable. I just hope it won't bother me to run 13 miles in it. He said that by the Disney marathon I should not have to wear the brace. :)

This morning I went to the gym and did one hour on the stationary bike

Then I went with my friend to pick up another friend at the airport. It was my first day wearing a shoe and the brace. We stopped at a 7-11 and I walked in without the scooter. It was the most walking I did since the accident. But the rest of the day I used the scooter because I didn't want to push my luck and the ankle is still a little tender to walk on.

I go back to see the doctor in 2 weeks and start my physical therapy next week. It felt good to exercise again. It is good to know I can continue my training shortly and that I can train on the bike in the meantime. Soon I will be back to normal and I can't wait. :)

And of course with more training will come more posts. I'm back in the game. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment