Tuesday, August 31, 2010

a little swelling won't keep me down

OK as part of my training program I got up early this morning and walked for about 5 mins as a warm up. Then I did a 1 min jog followed by a 1 min walk 10 times. That took me to about 2 miles. in 29:20 mins. Afterward the ankle swelled just a little so I took about 10 mins to ice it before getting ready for work. Then this afternoon around 3:00 pm my ankle started swelling so much I could feel it. I had to actually take my shoe off and ice it. This hasn't happened at work for weeks. I'm thinking that is normal since I have been working more than ever since the sprain. I emailed my coach for some advice. However, that didn't stop me from doing 1 hour on the stationary bike this afternoon after work. I think the bike actually helped to get some circulation going. There is a 5 k coming up the end of the month I hope I will be able to run it. I mean really run it. I can't wait to run again... without a brace. But I am not going to let it get me down. I am going to just keep working towards my goal. Tinker Bell will see me through. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment