Friday, August 27, 2010

2 hour workout

Today I got in a good workout. I started out with 30 mins on the stationary bike at resistance level 9. Then I went on the teadmill. I walk/jogged at a 16:40 mile per minute pace for 2 miles. Then I got on the Elliptical machine at resistance level 9 for 30 mins. Then I finished up my workout with another 30 mins on the stationary bike at resistance level 9.

This was my first time on the treadmill since I sprained my ankle. At first it felt a little odd. The ankle did not like the jogging motion at first. I kept the pace at 16:40 at a very fast walk and every once in a while broke in to a light jog. I could only keep it up for about 5 mins at a time. But at least it is a start. I am slowly introducing it to the jogging motion. I am hopeful that within a week I will be able to do more jogging and less walking.

Tomorrow is my rest day and Sunday I meet for my first group run. We are going to have 2 mile timed runs. I know my time won't be very good but it will be interesting to see how fast I am able to go.

Of course all exercises are done with that silly brace on my foot. The dr. says to continue to wear it for another couple months when outside. I do it because I know I don't want to cause any more injury. God forbid I should roll over on it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment