Friday, July 16, 2010

2 hour walk

I decided since my 8 mile run I should take it a little easy with the running the next two weeks and just do cross training. I am hoping this will help my knee to heal a little. So today I just walked on the treadmill for 2 hours at a 20 min/mile pace. According to the treadmill that was 6 miles. My plan is to do anything but running for 2 weeks and then see if I can run 10 miles at the end of the two weeks. My cross training will consist of the following: walking on the treadmill, "running" on the elliptical machine, and bike riding. All of this is low impact and I am thinking the low impact training will benefit my knee. I am also concentrating on stretching after my workouts and building my quads and hamstrings so they can better support my knee.

I am also getting up early before work to walk at least a mile. This helps limber up my leg and allows me to sit all day without it getting stiff. This morning I walked one mile in about 21 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment