Sunday, September 19, 2010

Training with coach Bernie

I ran 5 miles today with my training group. It is a beautiful run along the Banana River. The path is right along the river, I mean very, very close to the river. It is a really pretty run. I ran with a lady from our group. We are very close to the same pace. It was a very enjoyable run. we talked the whole way and made the time go by very quickly.

I was stressing a little about not doing more miles. Group 3 did 8 miles today. But Coach Bernie said in 2 weeks I can transition to group 3. Then from there I will probably need to add some extra miles to be ready for the full marathon in January. But I will talk to Coach Bernie about that once I transition to group 3 and am able to keep up with that. As the time gets closer I am feeling the pressure to up my miles, but I also don't want to mess up my ankle any more. I think it will all work out. I am trying to stay positive, I want to do this Disney marathon so badly. I would be very disappointed if anything went wrong now. I am lucky to be under coach Bernie. He is very knowledgeable and very patient with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment