Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oars and Paddles

Today was my group run at Oars and Paddles park. I got there at 7:00 am ready to run. About 10 mins into my run my shins started hurting like crazy. I was really discouraged. By the 2 mile mark I stopped to get a drink and rest a while. By then the shins were burning so I decided to turn around and head back. I was supposed to do 5 miles but I didn't want to push it and get stranded. The coach, Michelle said I may not have warmed up enough prior to the run. She was right because half way back to the park my shins stopped hurting. Once at the park I stopped by the restroom and then headed back out to finish that last mile. So I got 5 miles in. That was the goal for group 2. Group 3's goal was 7 miles. Coach Bernie didn't think I was ready for the 7 miles yet and he was right.

My ankle swelled up a little but not too bad. I have been icing it off and on today.

Tonight I went for a 2 mile walk, nice a slow. My lower legs are a little sore, but I guess that means progress. I am hoping to start picking up some mileage, but Coach Bernie says to be patient. Hopefully I will be with group 3 soon. And then somehow I need to start adding extra miles to the training to be prepared for the marathon. But I guess for now I need to be patient and take it one day at a time. Tomorrow is our rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment